Thursday, March 19, 2009

1 week left of intro

hi all! i know it's been a while since i've written, sorry about that. that said, i'm almost done with my first unit already! each unit is 6 weeks long, and after next week i will have completed intro. can you believe it? time is flying by. so far things are going really well, and i feel like i'm definitely getting the hang of things. unfortunately though, i haven't had the best experience with my instructor. frankly, she's not very good. she's new to the school and doesn't quite understand the way they function, so we've all been having to learn together, which really isn't fun for us as new students. we'd like to have our instructor know not only the materials, but also the rules of the school and the way it functions. so that's been somewhat of a frustration. but after next week i'll be moving on!

after intro, i'll be in unit they call "alpha 1", which is all about chemical treatments (color, lightening, perms, perm straightening, etc). i'm SO excited to learn color!!! it'll also be nice for another wave of students to come in, and then we won't be the newbies anymore! So anyway, i'll keep you posted. And i'll take pictures of the first color i do and post them. stay tuned...

xoxo

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ooh, color color!! That's so exciting. You can practice on me sometime we are actually around each other! hehe.

Hey, are you "coming home" for Claire's wedding? I hope so! Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

You are AWESOME! I can't wait for PURPLE!

andilively said...

OMG YOU WILL HAVE TO CHEMICALLY STRAIGHTEN MY HAIR!!!! just make sure it doesn't fall out...i did that to myself once haha

Deb Jordan said...

Does this mean I get to look forward to highlights on a regular basis? Oh the perks of being Mom - I hope :)

Megan said...

remember when you straightened my hair after the hideous perm i got!!! it was only supposed to be a wave and she gave me the poodle perm! you were a blessing for straightening it for me! thanks for the update :)