Monday, April 20, 2009

andrea's new do

last week, my class was asked to bring in models to work on, and my good bud andrea volunteered. she's a beautiful girl with amazing hair and she had a great haircut to begin with, so i had a great palet to work on. it was such a fun experience for me to have her come in because it gave me the opportunity to show my instructors what i've got! they gave me a lot of praise for this haircut and it was incredibly encouraging. below are the before and after pictures. mind you, the pictures aren't the best quality but they'll do. enjoy!

before

after





7 comments:

andilively said...

awww thanks brookie!!! i had such a great time coming to carsten! i can't wait to be a "model" again :)

Anonymous said...

I am so inspired by you! I too am considering the Carsten Institute. How difficult is it juggling work and school? What happens if you miss a class? Thanks for the inspiration!

brooke jordan hunt said...

wow, that is so nice of you, whoever you are haha. juggling work and school is hard, but it's definitely worth it. and i would highly recommend carsten! its not the end of the world if you miss class. you are allowed 48 free hours (which equals 12 classes) on top of the 1000 you need to graduate. if you take more than 12, you just have to make up your time on saturday, so it's really no biggie! who wrote this?

BellaTheFrench said...

I did! I was googling Carsten school and somehow I came across your blog. :) I currently work in the corporate world and really want to pursue my passion of hair styling. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury if giving up work while going to school, so I'm wondering if I can do both. But you're making it sound possible! I requested info from the school, so hopefully I will be coming in to check it out soon! Glad to hear you recommend Carsten - bc there are so many schools in NYC.

brooke jordan hunt said...

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I can't afford to quit my job so I'm doing Carsten at night. It's really hard at first but it gets easier with time. I know that Carsten has open houses every couple of weeks so you should definitely come to one! I'll try to find out when it is...

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

haha, that's the exact hair cut i have right now :)

Nicci said...

Looks gorgeous Foof!